Monday 17 October 2011

Bouncing Ball - 1st Attempt


Here is my first attempt at animating a bouncing ball. I've noticed I haven't allowed enough time for the overall journey of the ball; the timing and spacing of the initial bounces are okay but towards the end the ball comes suddenly to a halt.

To improve the way the ball stops I will add in extra frames showing a few more tiny bounces at the end and a short rolling to a point then, as Ron suggested to me in the group critique, back then forward again a few times. I can imagine this movement is intended to convey either an unevenness of weight distribution within the mass of the ball, or to show a shallow concave in the surface structure on which the ball is rolling, even though I have drawn it flat and level. Or it might just be a nice way to show a final dissipation of the ball's energy - at ground level.

No comments:

Post a Comment